Sales Tax Cerfificate
New York State law requires every vendor who sells any tangible product to have a
NY State Sales Tax Certificate.
Vendors who are in violation are subject to fines, arrest, and confiscation of their merchandise.
There is a lot of inaccurate information about the Sales Tax Certificate.
For your protection and the protection of your family we strongly recommend you contact the New York Sales Tax Department yourself to learn the facts at 518-485-2889.
You will find them to be easy to reach, friendly and informative
We urge you to be in compliance with the law.
The New York State Department of Tax & Finance is responsible for enforcing the rules.
We are only responsible for making sure our vendors are properly licensed.
The Certificate is issued by the NYS Sales Tax Department.
The Certificate is free and easy to get.
It will be delivered to you from 5-20 days after you have successfully applied.
The fastest way to get your certificate is by appying online.
DIRECTIONS FOR APPLYING ONLINE
- Log onto www.businessexpress.ny.gov
- Create your account by registering as a new user
- Once your account has been created then log on to it
- Select SEARCH INDEX A-Z and type in DTF-17 in the search bar
- Select APPLICATION TO REGISTER FOR SALES TAX
- Select APPLY ONLINE.
- You may fill out and print a copy of when completed
- You do not need a CPA or be a New York resident or own a business or be incorporated in order to obtain a Free NYS Sales Tax Certificate
- You may be a child or an adult.
- The NY State Sales Tax Certificate has nothing to do with, and is entirely different than an EIN. The Federal Government issues EIN's.
- If you cannot or will not get a NYS Sales Tax number we can't rent space
- Please direct all questions to the NYS Sales Tax Department 518-485-2889